Thursday, August 28, 2008

WOW!!!

Photobucket

All I can say is that Senator Barack Obama was absolutely amazing at the Democratic National Convention. I was inspired beyond description tonight as I listened to his acceptance speech. Some of the excerpts from his remarks tonight that were particularly penetrating for me included:

"America, we are better than these last eight years. We are a better country than this."

"Eight is enough."

“I’ve got news for you, John McCain. We all put our country first.”

McCain "stands alone in his stubborn refusal to end a misguided war" and that "he has been anything but independent" of Bush.

"I don't know what kind of lives John McCain thinks that celebrities lead, but this has been mine. These are my heroes. Theirs are the stories that shaped me."

"That is not the judgment we need. That won't keep America safe. We need a president who can face the threats of the future, not keep grasping at the ideas of the past."

"If John McCain wants to follow George Bush with more tough talk and bad strategy, that is his choice – but it is not the change we need,” Mr. Obama said, and “if John McCain wants to have a debate about who has the temperament, and judgment, to serve as the next commander-in-chief, that’s a debate I’m ready to have."

And my personal favorite:

"A nation of whiners?” Mr. Obama said, drawing boos from the crowd without naming the Texas senator behind the assessment. “I don’t believe that Sen. McCain doesn’t care what’s going on in the lives of Americans. I just think he doesn’t know. Why else would he define middle class as someone making under $5 million a year?”

I can't wait for November 4 to cast my vote!

No comments: