Tuesday, August 18, 2015

August 17, 1995

Aug. 17th - We went to the SKATIUM and ice skated for service today in Haverford. Fun! I banged my knee, but otherwise am OK.

Holly and Rachel sent me letters. Included were pictures of them in front of my house! How crazy! But even more crazy was a picture they had of them with Casey (!) who they met with Kevin, at a dance. So, Holly is moving and said I wouldn't help her because she thought I was pissed at her. So I called her and told her that the $80 E. Rogers is sending me to buy my bike for a plane ticket so she can stay home long enough for my homecoming. Cool!

We ate with Barbara Jones tonight and read some inspirational thoughts. The U.D. elders came along, too.

I called up a recent media referral, Deborah Raymond. She told us to come over tomorrow morning. It was 9pm, so I felt prompted to call back and suggest coming over now. She said OK.

So Elder Olson gave us permission, and we went to her home. She doesn't know if she could be Catholic or some other religion, but she loved every bit of who we are and what we said. "I want religion and I want it real bad!" We got home at 10:30pm. So awesome! She wants us back on Wed. at 7pm sharp. Cool lady. Wants to come to church, too!

No comments: