Tuesday, August 18, 2015

August 18, 1995

Zone Development Meeting this morning - my last one. =( Elders Gillespie and Fochtman conducted the meeting - very light-hearted; it was a wonderful meeting. E. Olson + Sommers did a talk on prayer and fasting - excellent! And I gave my final words - basically I spoke on repentance and unity; two themes of my service as a missionary.

The U.D. elders were given one of the older Cavaliers from off of the sales block. So they drove us to and from the meeting. 

We tracted in Springfield this afternoon. One old lady gave us a piece of her mind for knocking on her door, because her sick husband was woken up from having finally fallen to sleep.

How am I supposed to know the goings-on (good or bad) in someone's home? I can imagine her being upset. We left a written apology on her doorstep.

We drove into Folcroft and tracted a neighborhood there. Frank, a middle-aged fellow, was interested to receive a copy of the Book of Mormon, and invited us over during the week to teach him about it.

We ate dinner with Ada Collings tonight, if you can believe that. She's doing better now. We ate chicken and pasta. 

Because of miles, we had to come home early and make phone calls. Stinks being so low on miles.

No comments: