Sunday, August 30, 2015

August 28, 1995

Aug. 28th - This morning, John Roberts and I destroyed E. Decker and Sarah, 6-1, in doubles tennis.

We tried another power-trail unsuccessfully, after a long planning session.

Tonight, Luis Garcia brought us out home teaching, but Nancy Burnett wasn't home. So we took Luis to Roy Hill's home. He talked with us about selling his home, his moving to the mountains; the BofM. He asked us to call him on a Friday.

E. Decker and I got into a serious disagreement tonight. The issue it was on was non-related to the work. It was very mundane, but typical of us to disagree. We are so alike, and it clashes. So I called Pres. Wagstaff because I wanted to resolve the problem now, but was losing my temper and cutting on E. Decker so much, that he wouldn't say a word. Rather than resolve the problem, he went "to sleep."

Pres. Wagstaff agreed that it is best to "resolve a concern" than to "let it fester." He gave me some advice.

I proceeded to apologize and take responsibility for the way I acted and the things that I said. He still seemed to harbor some bitterness. I will continue to try to make up for offending him.

And to make this an even more memborable day; and perhaps the most memorable day of my life: Chelsea called and told me how she met the Elders: Benson and Thompson, and now she is being baptized on Sept. 17th into the true church! SWEET!! I have kept in touch with her for that single reason: that she may accept the gospel! How great shall be your joy. I truly love her and can't wait to come back and be with her.

But wait, there's more: Elder Jagerson sent an invitation to his wedding on Aug. 31st to Wendi Garr in Bountiful, UT! And Holly + Rachel sent gifts in the mail. What a horrible day! What a great day!

No comments: