Sunday, August 30, 2015

August 29, 1995

This afternooon we were "saviors" at service. Mary Ann quit to prepare for school. Nicole is done after today. Summer's over, folks.

We went to 39th / Chestnut and talked to President Wagstaff this afternoon. He truly helped me understand that I am not alone when it comes to concerns like self-abuse and control of thoughts. 80% of all missionaries have these problems. It is recognizing that there is a problem and stopping it that counts, he counseled. I felt like a real friend talking to him. And the concern with E. Decker is settled. I continue to apologize for my misbehavior. We had a wonderful interview today.

Tonight I thought we could tract in Clifton Heights. Our evening appointment hd a C.H. mailing address. I felt good about it. And as we tracted, a tattooed man asked us to talk to his wife. I thought for sure that E. Decker would get the Bible-bash he was waiting for, it seemed.

But, as it turns out, Diana was praying all week that God would send her someone to teach her. Amazing! Her husband does not claim to be Christian, but he participated with us in a great first discussion! She wants to check out the church!

We raced to the next discussion and met Reda and Susie Mahfouz, from Cairo, Egypt. He's a doctor of medicine at Fitzgerald-Mercy. She is also a doctor. They are very orthodox, and so they weren't too thrilled about the Book of Mormon. In fact, Reda said that if we came telling him that the BofM was a good book, then he would read it. But because we treat it as scriptures, then he could not read it. But it testifies of Christ, and I testified that it is true; E. Decker always wants to not offend or leave a bad impression, so it felt like he was maybe apologizing, but I persisted because now is the day and time. But he has his agency to choose. He thanked us kindly for visiting. We left the book and "On the Way Home" video. What a great evening!

No comments: