Thursday, September 3, 2015

September 3, 1995

Sept. 3rd - My last Sunday and church on the mission. How sad. I was able to bless the water during Sacrament Meeting. And I felt very sustained by the Lord in my fast today that I would be able to overcome all thoughts, etc. that would in any way be destructive to me. Today was testimony meeting.

And Len Wiegel taught on baptism in Sunday School, which John Traverso spoke on member-missionary work in Elder's Quorum. 

I won't miss coming to church here very much. They certainly are a "different breed," as Sister Brown told me. By the way, last Wednesday, President and Sister Brown finished their mission as 1st Counselor to the President. I will miss him. He was a wonderful man!

This evening we visited Linda Jensen and she gave us some info on the ward members. Actually, we went to her home because we stopped by Joyce Baldridge's home which is on the ward list, and she is one of those who was born and raised in S.L.C., UT, and has gone inactive for whatever reason. Too bad.

I turned in numbers for the last time tonight and E. Gillespie called and gave us 100 more miles for the month.

We got to bed tired early tonight. For dinner, I forgot to mention, Ada Collings had us over. She fed us rice. I guess I was in a weird mood from the fast. I threw it up in her bathroom. I am OK, though.

No comments: