Monday, September 7, 2015

September 7, 1995

WOW!!! We visited the Newmans and they gave me a hoagie for the road. I took my picture with them. Said good-bye. Elder Decker drove us to Vet Stadium. I can't say I'll miss him too much, it's a shame.

Said good-byes to some elders - Elders Tillack, Rock Brooks, Mordecai. And Graeme was there with Taylor. He had to run an errand so I went with him. He is a great man. I hope to be able to see him next Spring.

Elders Yan, Bailey, Boren, Condie, Rumsey, and Drake, plus, Sister Kirkendall all came with Hermana Brown and Elder Garner to the Mission Home for dinner. And we had a special testimony meeting. I accompanied Elder Bailey on "I Heard Him Come" and "Each Life..." (Hymn 293).

Elder Drake's parents came during the meeting. I got a taste of what tomorrow would be like.

Tomorrow who would've thought it would've ever come? Incredible. I am amazed at how many feelings go through my mind. The good: Neutermans, Chelsea, Don Buckley, the Rodriguezes, I know the Lord has blessed me. I have served an honorable two-year mission. I had my temple recommend renewed and was given a blessing by Pres. Wagstaff. Until I see him and Sister Wagstaff again, I will miss them. Again, I am anxious to see my family and to be at home. My next entry will be in California. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S OVER!

No comments: